About Eye Security:
Eye Security is a rapidly growing cyber security startup, on a mission to transform the way SMEs across the Europe protect their digital assets and currently operating in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany. With a robust portfolio under our product bundle, Eye Cyber Guard, we provide tailored cybersecurity solutions in a subscription-based SaaS model. Our offerings range from managed detection and response, incident response and attack surface management to security awareness services and insurance, catering to a diverse clientele of over 250 companies.
About the role:
As Legal Counsel, you will mainly focus on drafting, negotiation and closure of (international) commercial contracts for Eye’s security operations, incident response and insurance services. You’ll also act as an internal advisor and point of contact when it comes to employment law, privacy matters and funding agreements (acting as a council to the board), with the help of external legal councils to support you as/if needed. This is a diverse range of tasks with a high degree of responsibility and great freedom of action.
What you will do:
- Design and implement strategic legal frameworks
- You are responsible for advising on contractual and legal questions, helping draft internal processes and agreements and negotiating agreements for the company (within an international context)
- You provide considered and practical advice to the business on legal / organizational questions (employment law, privacy matters, international contracts with suppliers and clients)
- Serve as a first point of contact and advisor for the board and leadership team
What you will need:
- Master Degree or similar in law (primarily contract and/or corporate law) and up-to-date legal knowledge
- Proficiency in English
- Previous experience in an in-house legal counsel role (preferably in the start-up or scale-up environment), or in a law firm. Or you have worked as a legal counsel/contracting specialist in a multinational company
- You can both work independently and have the ability to manage external partnerships to cover the legal areas where you need additional support
Nice to have, not required:
- Experience in working with legal entities in multiple European countries
- The ability to place technical matters in a legal context
What do we offer:
- A chance to be part of a dynamic team, passionate about making a significant impact in the cybersecurity realm.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement within a growing organization.
- Regular social events and our Thursday drinks.
- Personalized employment benefits, including a laptop and international exposure.
- Option to join our company certificate program as a co-owner.
- Ideal candidate will be based in Hague (or willing to travel), however we're open to remote work within the EU.