Eye has a mission: to digitally secure SMEs in Europe. This initiative comes from the dream of former intelligence and security service employees in the Netherlands to also protect smaller companies from the increasing threat of cybercrime. We've been doing this since 2020 and are now a team of almost 80 passionate and talented professionals who all have something in common: a strong aversion to (digital) injustice. Are you up for a challenge and joining us?
Your role at Eye
As a Front-end Software Engineer at Eye you are part of the team who is redefining the status quo for the Cybersecurity industry SMEs all over Europe come to us to solve their cyber risk. We show them how to optimally reduce their risk exposure, hunt for weaknesses in their systems and adopt a proven and intelligence-led cybersecurity approach. You team up with leading cybersecurity professionals, fellow Python-heads, and best-in-class product owners with the aim of revolutionising the cyber-security space for SMEs. Together, you help build infinitely scalable threat detection solutions, solutions which empower cyber threat analysts to spot and investigate breaches.
Your scope consists -but not limits itself- to our alerting pipelines, detection automation and will work on the front end of our Customer facing portal and Microservices. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Being curious and willing to understand the development problem you get with your team
- Discuss your code with colleagues via Merge Requests and review those of your colleagues too
- Contribute to your teams sprint meetings and the developer meetings
- Building new features: we’re a startup so the development work is mostly about building new features
- Maintaining our development products, make sure to keep the documentation up to date ;-)
- Researching new tools, products and techniques. We find it important to work with state-of-the-art technology and invite you to help with that
- Join our Bug Hunt Friday, every month we team up with our Security Experts and dedicate a Friday afternoon to find bugs in software and/or hardware, from ourselves or others. This is a great place to learn more about cybersecurity!
Depending on the team where you will work, tasks include:
- Building customer facing features for our integrated customer portal where we give direct security insights to our customers
- Improving our automation, so we’ll be able to inform our partners in realtime
- Building new front end features for our phishing simulation toolchain so we can prepare and train our customers for phishing attack
Who are we looking for
- An understanding of cybersecurity information technology, security applications, and networking basics (TCP/IP, DNS, web and email protocols)
- Experience using Git and GitLab development processes
- Familiarity with the DevOps lifecycle and coordinating requirements with development teams.
- A team player
What we offer
- You will become part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in cybersecurity. We work hard, but we have just as much fun;
- You will be building the foundation of our innovative Security & Insurance subscription product for SMEs in Europe, this means you will have to make & communicate decisions regarding product names, feature roadmap but also pricing tiers, GTM & marketing/sales tools.
- Your product will be covered in international online & offline media regularly and you will learn that Product is a key strategic pillar within Eye Security, therefore you are able to allocate sufficient budget, help hire the best talent & make your vision come true within the scale-up.
- Connections with teams within Eye Security are short and the working atmosphere is informal. We use Slack for communication and already have hundreds of workflow automations in place which make your life easier.
- Because Eye Security has a high number of tech-talent employed, you will learn that development of tools, integrations & customer interfaces is already on a mature level. Which means you will have time and resources to build & produce our Security and Insurance product line.
- We have drinks every Thursday afternoon (we even have our own cocktail!);
- We are located in the Caballero Factory in The Hague and are surrounded by other innovative start-ups (and a beer brewery). Partially remote (home) working is possible.
- We discuss the terms of employment together, but we invest in your development, a laptop is ready for you, you get many events such as the 'Eyecation' every year and an environment that challenges you internationally.
- Possibility to be “co-owner” of Eye Security with our company certificate program.
Do you want to join our team as our new Front-end Software Engineer? Then we'd love to hear from you!